£27.50 - 27.50 per hour
about 2 months ago
Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Pay Rate: £27.50 p/h PAYE (INSIDE IR35)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs:
- Support Departmental Cost Reduction Targets and report status weekly.
- Support Departmental Quality Targets.
- Complete Design Release on time as per Project Milestones.
- Development of vehicle wiring harnesses and other electrical components to design/test standards.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to QCT. (Quality, Cost, Timing).
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components.
- Support Production trials.
- Design concern management: root cause analysis, countermeasure implementation, validation and agreement with Test & Production Engineering.
- Cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
- Part Design Quality improvement in response to market or plant issues.
Qualifications, skills training requirements:
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience, e.g. in aerospace.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of vehicle electrical systems.
- Electrical system circuit design experience.
- Harness layout experience.
- Application experience (design & issue of parts within OEM release/BOM system to meet vehicle specifications).
- Knowledge of harness, plastic part & metal bracket manufacture to manage Tier 1 supplier.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD viewing tools
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.