Principal Engineer - Electric Machines - Midlands - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Principal Engineer - Electric Machines is required for a flourishing department at the forefront of electric and hybrid vehicle design and development. The successful candidate will lead the engineering of highly innovative powertrain applications.
As Principal Engineer - Electric Machines - you will be required to
- Interpret machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications.
- Conceptually design, from first principles, permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
- Progress designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models. Including establishing and maintaining specialist design and simulation tools.
- Manage the prototype build, testing and validation. Including resolving manufacturing and performance issues.
- Supervise technical support staff during machine assembly and test.
- Support business development teams in winning new business, representing the company at supplier, partner and customer locations.
- Generate technical documentation.
As Principal Engineer - Electric Machines- you will need
- An Engineering degree or equivalent. Relevant postgraduate training highly advantageous.
- Experience of quick-sizing with emphasis on electromagnetic and thermal performance of electric machines.
- A detailed understanding of a range of electric machine topologies, typically including permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of electromagnetic FEA tools.
- Demonstrable experience in the mechanical design and manufacturing considerations of electric machines.
- The ability to think creatively to maximise the performance benefits of new materials, applications and constructional techniques.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electric Machine Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .