Principal Design Engineer - Yellow Goods Vehicle Design (FLT) - Ross-on-Wye
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience yellow goods / special purpose vehicle designer to join a small and friendly organisation based in the desirable location of Ross-on-Wye. The company employs approximately 100 people, of which 15 are in R&D. The company designs, develops and manufactures on a single site, specialist Fork lift trucks that are sold internationally. The company is experiencing growth and has significant plans to double its size within the next 7 years.
This role will appeal to a senior/principal level design engineer who wants..
- to work for a smaller organisation with less politics
- to have COMPLETE responsibility for the design of a new FLT taking this from concept through to production.
- to work for a company that does 90% of design/development and manufacture on one site and is UK based
- someone enthusiastic about agricultural / yellow good vehicles
- someone who enjoys pastoral/countryside living
What you will do:
As Principal Designer you will:
- take initial concept ideas from the business owner and using your own expertise and ideas convert this into a fully validated vehicle
- you will work within a team of 3 people but lead the design activity on the new vehicle in all areas - chassis, powertrain, hydraulics, cab and electrical
- produce 3D and 2D drawings using Solidworks CAD system
- perform hand calculations and CAE activity to ensure durable and safe designs
- ensure designs are validated, DFM and pass all CE markings for safety
What you will need:
- Minimum 10 years (or equivalent) yellow goods vehicle/special purpose vehicle design eg excavators, backhoes, diggers, dumpers, rock crushers, grass cutters, tractors, road sweepers, dustcarts, cherry picker, FLT or similar etc)
- HNC/HND or higher degree in mechanical engineering
- you will be able to design hydraulic circuits, safety structures and package IC engines within the chassis
- you must be able to perform hand calcs for reach, topple over, strength etc
- NB you MUST have experience of hydraulic circuit design - schematics and packaging/routing
- must be capable of working from concept and leading a team
- CE marking / homologation would be useful
- Must be able to fit in with a small design team and more importantly be able to work with shopfloor personnel without "attitude" or arrogance. It is a close knit and supportive team.
- sponsorship for overseas candidate may be possible if an EU worker cannot be found so international applicants are encouraged to apply
Please apply with current CV and details of notice period, present salary and if you need visa support. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details before submission, so at this stage you are registering further information. However should you have any questions please contact 01384 397555
30 days ago