Coventry, West Midlands
about 1 year ago
Principal Engineer Closures & Mechanisms - Hourly Contract - Coventry
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced Principal Engineer Closures & Mechanisms to join the Vehicle Concept Group of the European Technical Centre of a very ambitious vehicle manufacturer located in Coventry.
The Vehicle Concept Group is responsible for the integration, design and development of:
- Bonnet, doors & tailgate BIW structures
- Release mechanisms - locks, latches, door release handles and check straps
- Side glass and window regulators
- Door, bonnet and tailgate sealing
- Fuel filler modules and release mechanism
In this role the Principal Engineer Closures & Mechanisms will need engineering skills and experience of working on closure systems design and development from concept to production.
Main Activities and Tasks of this Principal Engineer Closures & Mechanisms job:
- Report to the Chief Engineer Upper Body
- Responsible for generation and development of closures & mechanisms
- CAD operation skills required, able to create and manipulate geometry for primary communication of concepts and schemes
- Catia v5 operative skills, able to generate 3D geometry, 2D data and sectional data
- Team Centre PLM utilisation
Candidate requirements for this Principal Engineer Closures & Mechanisms job:
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Depth of experience in the delivery of closure & mechanisms
- Experience of leading and mentoring a small team of CAD Engineers
Interested Principal Engineers Closures & Mechanisms should contact Ray Greenman today to discuss this terrific opportunity.