Job title: Principal AUTOSAR software Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham (Following a short period in Lincolnshire, travel supported)
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer (IGBT & SiC) to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining AUTOSAR code for different projects, participating architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the AUTOSAR software development of the next generation based on the functional safety requirements.
An excellent benefits package is offered to the right candidate.
- Leading and participating in software architecture design
- Leading evaluation of different processor platforms, different hardware architecture designs
- Leading evaluation of functional safety solutions, and ASIL decomposition solutions
- Leading development of peripheral drivers, generating AUTOSAR middleware and debugging code
- Integration of basic software, third-party MCAL, algorithm software and OEM software, provision of complete AUTOSAR compliant control software
- Making plans and monitoring progress for software integration and testing
- Writing technical documentation
- Teamwork with control engineer and embedded software engineer to specify hardware and software architecture, provide complete middleware and testing plan
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of control hardware
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline, demonstrable working experience in the area of embedded software development and testing in automotive industry
- Robust experience with AUTOSAR 3.0 or 4.0 standard
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- Familiar with Tasking, GHS or Code warrior compilers
- Familiar with SPI, CAN, FlexRay or Ethernet and LLD
- Familiar with RTOS
- Analog and digital circuit
- Familiar with XCP protocol and diagnosis protocol
- Familiar with safety critical code standard like MISRA C
- Excellent embedded C programming and assembly programming techniques
- Familiar with ISO26262
- Familiar with V model software testing process and version control
- Familiar with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini
- SysML/UML modelling
- FMEA awareness will be desirable
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation apply now.