about 2 years ago
18 months Fixed Term Contract - (Job Number: 18000BL8)
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
10% Annual bonus
25 Days Annual Leave
Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%)
Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%)
Financial Qualification Study Support (if applicable)
Child Care Vouchers & Retail Discounts
A vacancy has arisen in the Pricing Team of the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) of a leading yellow goods organisation for a Price Analyst on an 18 Month FTC / Secondment.
The Engines Pricing team work closely with the global sales and commercial teams to ensure that the pricing decisions we make result in the optimum profit outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing and reviewing price proposals for Industrial Power Systems Products (both CAT and Perkins brands). The process includes analysis of sales history, volume forecast, competition, product quality, product availability, value premiums, costs and related factors
- Working with key customers within Commercial, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Product teams to obtain and evaluate information needed for making pricing recommendations
- Assist in achieving specific Division objectives by aiding efforts to improve profitability through recommending revenue growth opportunities for price, volume or Percentage of Industry Sales (PINS)
- Maintain the company's master price history records through various Enterprise Resource Planning and Price Optimisation systems
- Influence key business decision makers around best practice associated with pricing structures and pricing/volume trade-offs to optimise both enterprise and accountable level profitability outcomes
- Maintain internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and responsible for the testing and validating of these controls
- Aid the development of tools and structures for new product introductions
- Continuous opportunities to improve structural and systemised processes.
- Previous Pricing, Sales or order to delivery experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to take a detailed data set and provide summarised, meaningful analysis
- Process / controls experience
- Confident in communications and presentation skills
- Good team player - interpersonal skills are imperative, as the role consolidates data from multiple sources and deals with requests from a diverse customer group
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- MS Access Skills
- Experience of ERP / Pricing systems
- Prior experience of business partnering
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.