£15 per hour
about 1 month ago
Press Vehicle Technician (JP00000294)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Preparation / building / maintenance of vehicles or components in line with local procedures and Engineering Manuals.
- Support Testing in static and dynamic conditions to gather accurate, timely, and quality test data/results.
- Support Evaluation and concern identification including liaison with Test Engineer.
- Support delivery of Key Performance Indicators for the section
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required
- Preparation of vehicles for special uses including press use.
- Evaluation of vehicle performance according to set criteria.
- Assemble / dis-assemble parts, components or vehicles for static & dynamic test activities.
- Maintenance of Vehicles to include safety check, retrofit, fault finding and repair.
- Liaise with engineers to conduct tests to Standards & local operating procedures.
- Instrumentation set-up.
- Write reports.
- Assist with facility management inclusive of maintenance, facility calibration, risk assessment and training.
Materials and Equipment
Client shall provide the following materials and equipment, which shall be returned at the end of the assignment: The necessary tools, instrumentation & equipment for the deliverables/KPI's/SLAs as above; task specific PPE (such as eye protection, hearing protection, hand protection
The candidate will ensure that they are equipped with the following materials and equipment for use during the services: Safety Footwear complying with EN ISO 20345; branded uniform (to consist of 2 x grey combat style trousers, min 2 x black polo t-shirts, min 1 x black cotton sweater).
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Ideally C&G / BTEC L3 in mechanical or automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship.
- Fundamental understanding of vehicle dis-assembly, assembly, & maintenance techniques
- Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
- Understanding of component measurement techniques
- Electronic / Electrical background (automotive)
- Basic Machining / Welding / Fabrication
- Computer literacy
- Data analysis & Report writing
- Facility & instrumentation calibration
- Use skills to provide support to other test sections as required
- Vehicle evaluation skills
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Fully proficient in the fundamental practical Mechanical / Electrical skills required for this role
- Ability to work safely and to comply with legal and company safety policies
- Fully proficient In Excel & Power point & presentation preparation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently to manage and prioritise their own and workload
- Has driving licence
- Able to support overtime and weekend working if required
Is role/worker in scope for IR-35 - Yes
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.