Press Setter Operator - East Sheffield - Engineering - Permanent - c£30,000
A Press Setter Operator is required with knowledge of setting and operating mechanical and hydraulic power presses. Candidates with experience of the aerospace or nuclear industry would be well received.
Due to the continued growth of this company, a manufacturer of precision engineering components based in Sheffield which is also commutable from Rotherham, Chesterfield and Worksop, requires a motivated and proactive Press Setter Operator with experience of setting and operating power and manual fly presses for a new permanent role. As a Press Setter Operator, you will be required to:
- Set and operate mechanical and hydraulic power presses
- Setting and operation of manual hand fly presses
- Deburring of components
- Operation of hot forming components
- Monitor and assist with heat treatment/furnace duties
The Press Setter Operator should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience working in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team or unsupervised.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and follow engineering work instructions accurately.
- Experience operating within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of batch or route cards.
- Fork lift truck counter balance license would be advantageous but not essential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of setting and operating mechanical and hydraulic power presses and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Press Setter Operator role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.