£38k - 40k per year + Benefits
about 2 months ago
The company are a well-established family run, manufacturer of products for the construction industry. Due to expansion, they are looking to recruit a Production Controller to support the steel manufacturing division of their business. The Production Controller will help direct and control the activities of the manufacturing department and to implement the manufacturing objectives of the business.
The Production Controller duties will include:
· Working closely with the Production Manager to ensure that the Production Plan is delivered.
· Communicate the production plan as prepared by the planner to staff.
· Day to Day Supervision of team including conducting weekly toolbox talks, performance management and supporting cell leaders in their roles.
· Investigate non-conformances and discus corrective actions with the team accordingly.
· Identify areas of potential improvement within the manufacturing process, suggesting actions to gain improvements accordingly to the team & Technical & Design department.
· Use your own initiative to foresee and effectively react to production issues.
· To ensure that adequate resources of plant, equipment, tooling and people are available in order to fulfil the production plan.
· Ensure Health and safety and Quality is maintained within the department.
· Form part of an on-going Process Team to further improve processes and reduce costs.
· Improve Robot utilisation.
· Liaise with Design & Technical department on robust plans to eliminate re-work on all processes and plan and stock builds.
· Monitor and reduce the amount of checking, decanting and rework.
· In return we offer you opportunity to work closely with Senior Management Team to make improvements and develop your own skills and knowledge further, a competitive salary and other benefits including:
The Production Controller will have:
· Experience of working in a pre fabrication manufacturing environment.
· Experience of production supervision.
· Knowledge of metals manufacturing.
· Good team work skills.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.