Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £28.70 - £29.40
Contract Position based at: Whitley
- Develop/agree toolsets to improve efficiency through the Automatic Transmission Calibration, Controls & Hardware teams.
- Close loop feedback with calibration development through the delivery. Analysis of current calibrations to ensure no degradation to FE / CO2
- Develop the CAE data used to improve desktop calibrations (Altitude / Road Load / vehicle acceleration / development of shift logic)
- Develop shift map calibration scheduling tool
- Develop shift quality tool and interaction with INCA
- Develop calibration hygiene tool to robustly check calibrations
- Ensure the toolsets are aligned with the company protocol
- Be responsible for maintaining toolsets - Develop and maintain communication between INCA, CRETA, company standard databases and in-house developed software & toolsets.
3 KEY SKILLS:
- Matlab experience with cross communication
- Simulation and software process
- Simulink / Coding
- Advanced understanding of automatic transmissions
- Experience in System/Vehicle Simulation tools such as IPG CARMAKER/Dymola/AmeSim
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of control systems, calibration and attributes.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of dynamic systems behaviour and Standards
- Experience within a calibration team - Knowledge of whole vehicle
- Coding experience (Matlab, Visual Basic, API [INCA, CRETA], HTML, Java, other advantageous)
The ability to future proof the software using a forward-thinking approach and understanding the companywide vision is essential to maintaining/improving the current toolsets whilst developing new features & functions for a constantly changing environment.