Powertrain Project Manager
£Competitive plus benefits
A Powertrain Project Manager is required to take responsibility for the success of powertrain projects, controlling timing, resource allocation, maintaining relationships with our customers. Candidates with knowledge of customer systems/processes of major OEMs would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Basildon, requires a proactive Powertrain Project Manager to be responsible for the overall management of customer projects from the pre-project phase through to customer acceptance and project completion. As a Powertrain Project Manager you will be required to:
- Lead and supervise project teams in-house and with the customer
- Supervise integration partners (suppliers)
- Ensure target-oriented customer communication including coordination with the customer's departments involved in the project
- Report project progress, both to customer and to management
- Project management and controlling with respect to technical progress, quality, timing and costs
- Supporting sales and project planning in planning and acquisition of new projects
- Support in the continuous improvement of project management processes
The Powertrain Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Professional experience in engine and powertrain development
- Understanding of business management
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with customers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, MS Project and VBA knowledge an advantage)
- Experience in managing SOP projects preferable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of delivering powertrain projects to / for major automotive OEMs to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Powertrain Project Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Powertrain Project Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.