Job title: Project Engineer
Hourly Rate: £17.00- £21.09ph
A Project Engineer is required with a sound Engineering background to support Project delivery. Candidates with experience in the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to expansion this company, a global OEM based in Whitley requires a Project Engineer with good understanding of programme management and Powertrain Components on a contract basis. As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Provide support to the Architecture Module Leader for a specific programme(s)/component(s).
- Support Lead Component Engineers in ensuring all programme design solutions meet programme targets for cost, weight, time and quality.
- Drive the resolution of cross functional, technical & manufacturing issues as AIMS Champion, and support engineering change where required, escalating when necessary.
- Manage AIS & Exhaust Redbook content in line with programme targets and commodity strategies.
- Collate data to input into reports and metrics for the programme, including QCWT health data.
- Produce reports for delivery to the Programme Leader.
The Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Sound engineering background but does not need to be specific to AIS & Exhaust systems or automotive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of computer literacy esp MS Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in Programme Management of complex and multiple projects in an engineering environment. Degree in Engineering or Business Management subject.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Air Induction systems or Exhaust systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Project Engineer role (33346) please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.