Powertrain Program Engineer - 51775
£20.84 Ltd Co
A Powertrain Program Engineer is required with knowledge of powertrain development programs.
This company, a description based in Basildon requires a Powertrain Program Engineer with strong analytical and communication skills for a new contract role. As a Powertrain Program Engineer you will be required to:
- Manage key programs through powertrain GAARP process with operational teams to ensure co-ordinated and timely estimates
- Maintain tracking / metrics on program progress through stages, and highlight delivery roadblocks / action plans on problem programs, and remedial actions where systemic issue identified.
- Ensure estimates agreed and published by PT Resource Estimating are calendarised and regionalised and adopted by vehicle team in gateway estimate
- Support implementation of new Estimating / Program resource management tools such as RS&W / ITM and adjustment of departmental processes to align.
- Develop a SME role for a particular field according to department needs and individual expertise / experience.
- This role will involve working with a wide (global) group of functional estimating SMEs as well as counterparts in the PT Planning / PTIM program management functions, and evaluating / critiquing / explaining their conclusions to others.
- Presentations and meeting support
- support and management information will be required to support senior management reviews, and there will be occasional ad hoc assignments where the support of the Business team is requested
The Powertrain Program Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong analytical skills: Powertrain Engineering programs are inevitably complex projects with multiple stakeholders in separate functional and regional organisations
- Ability to communicate and report at detailed or summated level of data with / to all levels of users as appropriate
- Good communication / people management skills (especially across different functions and regions)
- Organised and methodical approach coupled with the ability to work on a range of projects of varying regularity, length and complexity.
- Key IT skills: Excel, Planisware / Hyperion / global datasharing tools
- Engineering Business / Program Office experience and detailed knowledge of gateway processes
- Degree in Automotive Engineering, Science, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent but only with appropriate relevant experience)
Note: this position is, in the first instance, due to maternity absence.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in Program Management to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- £20.84 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Powertrain Program Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259