Senior Performance Systems Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
Automotive / Off-Highway
A Senior Performance Systems Engineer is required to verify and optimise the system performance of a diesel engine powertrain. Candidates with experience of planning, as well as preparation, and supervision of powertrain simulation and testing would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Senior Performance Systems Engineer, based at a client site in Peterborough, to undertake the generation & analysis of powertrain simulation tasks and co-ordinate calibration of powertrain simulation models from real world testing data & engine test cell results. As a Senior Performance Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Planning and execution of diesel engine systems simulation activities
- Support conceptualisation studies for future powertrains
- Specification of physical engine test plans including DoE considerations
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations (written and verbal reports)
- Liaison with and reporting to various functional groups within the organisation
- Controls development and mathematical modelling using MATLAB/Simulink
- Through simulation, provide predictions on product performance and variability on engine systems such as aftertreatment
- Update and calibrate simulation models from test and data
The Senior Performance Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Good knowledge of Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) fundamentals
- Understanding of EAS performance and control
- Understanding and experience of DoE and emissions modelling
- Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams
- High level competence using MATLAB/Simulink to develop mathematical models
- Aftertreatment system modelling, ideally in the heavy duty/ off-highway sector beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone familiar with off highway heavy duty powertrain applications to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Peterborough based role will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Performance Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Performance Systems Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.