- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Branton
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01268 455525
- Expiry Date: 06 June 2022
- Job Ref: 60888
Performance Systems Engineer - Powertrain
£Competitive plus benefits
A Performance Systems Engineer is required to play a crucial part in the development of modern off-highway powertrain systems; verifying and optimising the performance of an off-highway diesel engine powertrain system. Candidates with familiar with off highway heavy duty machines and applications would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Performance Systems Engineer, based at their client's site in Peterborough, to undertake the planning and execution of diesel engine systems simulation study activities. As a Performance Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Support conceptualisation studies for future powertrain
- Specification of physical engine test plans
- Analysis of field data to understand the operation of the powertrain system, controller and calibration.
- Controls development and mathematical modelling using Matlab/Simulink
- Preparation of reports (verbal & written), providing robust recommendations and proposals
- Lead assessment of simulation and testing results and defining next steps
The Performance Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Automotive or related discipline
- Good knowledge of combustion engine fundamentals and exhaust after treatment performance
- Understanding and experience of DoE and emissions modelling
- High level competence using MATLAB / Simulink to develop, calibrate and analyse mathematical models
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) fundamentals to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Peterborough based role will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Performance Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. Candidates must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK. If you have any questions about the Performance Systems Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.