Principal powertrain Development Engineer - performance and emissions - Coventry
Our client is a world leading vehicle manufacturer with international roots who has an advanced engineering centre based at Warwick university Campus. It employs over 100 staff on advanced engineering projects. Within the powertrain department, they provide technical know-how on powertrain systems (cooling, lubrication, induction) and the effects these have on performance and emissions. These engines are primarily spark-ignition but some HDD and advanced fuels work is also performed here.
As an employer the company has a casual dress policy, will be moving to a landmark building shortly and has a 37hr week with early Friday finish.
What you will do:
- As a principal performance and emissions engineer you will be responsible for performing a broad range of P&E activities to optimise current engine technologies or implement new technologies and analysing their effects on emissions and performance.
- Responsible for the planning whole vehicle and powertrain tests (CWT, on-road, and verification of hardware such as air handling systems, cooling, lubrication, fuel injection
- Responsible for planning and detailed test data analysis for P&E; identifying failure root causes and improvements
- Lead performance simulations on 1D systems such as GT Suite or AVL Cruise
What you will need:
- degree in mechanical engineering
- demonstrate a good knowledge of combustion fundamentals and thermodynamic principles within a spark-ignition engine. This includes an understanding of factors affecting emissions and performance
- Must have experience on SI / gasoline engines
- have run powertrain tests on whole vehicles, CWT, FSWT, emissions tests and dynamometers
- extra brownie-points if you have used a 1D analysis package for fuel economy, CO2 estimates etc. Or, PUMA, Concerto, INCA, Labview or similar
- Initially we are seeking someone authorised in the UK without sponsorship. If we are not successful we will consider candidates from overseas subject to UKBA approval. Note however this is NOT a RLMT advert
What you will get:
- salary commensurate with experience including car allowance and benefits
- see introduction
Please apply by email with current CV, details of your current package and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details, however if you wish to discuss your application beforehand please contact 01384 397555 ref KH/TMETC