- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 15 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61443
Powertrain NVH Test Engineer - 54883
Pay Rate: Up to £20.88/hr Ltd - inside IR35
AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks - Rate will increase to £27.03/hr Ltd
Division: Product Development
Contract Position based at Dunton
This position is for an NVH Test Engineer to support Engineering activities in the PT NVH area.
- Complete NVH measurement and analysis of powertrains in an NVH test environment.
- Complete physical testing of powertrain hardware to support development of powertrain NVH attributes.
- Conduct system level evaluations/appraisals and the preparation of supporting presentation material.
- Lead prototype build of vehicle and rig testing for powertrain NVH attribute development.
- Support joint investigations with the Propulsion NVH development teams.
- Maintain powertrain NVH testing facilities complying with DEC Health and safety Rules & Regulations, ISO9001, ISO14001.
- Manage the instrumentation calibration process.
- Manage the Head Acoustics software maintenance and hardware calibration contract.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Data acquisition (LMS Test.Lab/HEAD Artemis).
- Engine/Transmission fault finding
- Data analysis, signal processing and reporting.
- NVH assessment of subsystem components
- Torsional Vibration Measurement Test experience is desirable, but it is equally as important that the applicant has a good engineering background and can apply themselves to problem solving within the NVH arena.
- Training will be provided.
- Must be independent but able to work as part of a team, creative and flexible.
- An Engineering Degree or working towards completion.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
This is a double day shift position and attracts the associated shift premium:
- Double Days Early Mon to Thurs 0700 to 1500. Fri 0700 to 1230.
- Double Days Late Mon to Thurs 1445 to 2245 Fri 1215 to 1745 Paid Working Lunch.
- Contract to end June 2022 and then in mid-year renewals
- Travel: Occasionally. Once or twice a year for no more than one to two weeks at a time.
To apply, please send your interest and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.