Title: Finite Element Durability Analyst
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Rate: Up to £26.00 per hour
A vacancy exists for a Finite Element Durability Analyst supporting the Base Engines Durability Team on a long term contract basis. Powertrain CAE provide an analysis service to Powertrain development. This comprises Transmissions and driveline, intake and exhaust systems, fuel and cooling systems, gasoline and diesel engines.
- Proven track record in Durability analysis, in Powertrain systems and IC engines in particular.
- HYPERWORKS/SIMLAB/ABAQUS CAE & VIEWER in addition to the ABAQUS solvers
- Knowledge and understanding of Fatigue analyses and software (e.g. FEMFAT)
- Experience of carrying out durability analysis of a variety Powertrain systems using Finite Element methods.
- Ability to construct Finite Element models from CAD geometry.
- Able to perform normal mode and forced response analysis.
- Able to perform fatigue assessments using stress or strain based techniques.
- Experience of carrying out design optimisation studies.
- Experience of reporting results in an accurate and concise manner both verbally and in written form.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Candidates from other industries may be considered depending on knowledge and experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Powertrain Finite Element Durability (FEA) Analyst role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.