Coventry, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
6 month rolling
Powertrain EMS System Integration Engineer - Hourly Contract - Coventry
This is a terrific opportunity for an exerienced Powertrain EMS System Intgeration Engineer to join the European Technical Centre of a very ambitious vehicle manufacturer located in Coventry.
The Powertrain team in Coventry supports the parent overseas-located Powertrain team to deliver conventional, hybrid, electrification powertrains and related technology into passenger and commercial vehicles.
In this role the Powertrain EMS System Integration Engineer will be responsible to cover for all Engine Management System development aspects across a range of powertrain efficiency projects such as Atkinson cycle and alternate fuel technologies.
Main Activities and Tasks of this Powertrain EMS System Integration Engineer job:
- Responsible for all powertrain EMS functionality and implementation
- Support EMS supplier liaison and supplier technical development
- Component integration and use of rapid prototype software and hardware
- Experience of working with powertrain development ECUs, preferably Bosch and or Delphi
- Software fault diagnosis and report throughout software release phases, vehicle build support and associated diagnostics
- Support Calibration team in OBD and diagnostic activity
- Ensure all data and reports are appropriately documented
- Ensures that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed and updated as technology progresses
- Support where required in quality documentation and diagnostic specification and implementation
- Supporting the function lead, controls and calibration
- Support development and use of new technologies within the department
Candidate requirements for this Powertrain EMS System Integration Engineer job:
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Significant experience of working with powertrain development ECUs
- Able to develop software and integration into EMS
- Experience of component integration and use of rapid prototype software and hardware such as MATLAB, Simulink or similar
- Experience gained working for vehicle OEM or Tier 1 component & system supplier
Interested Powertrain EMS System Integration Engineers should contact Ray Greenman today to discuss this terrific opportunity.