- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58556
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Powertrain Engineer to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Surrey. They have a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for Design activities in the Powertrain design team
- Responsibility for designing powertrain systems; including fuel, cooling, oil systems as well as powertrain integration using CATIA V5
- You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
- You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
- Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
- Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
- Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications.
- Drive GMD forwards in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) design/Concepts and ensure current and future technologies are exploited. Help develop a BEV strategy for future vehicles.
- Run Research and development BEV program/s internally and with external partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The candidate should be degree qualified with preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in motorsport and sports cars is essential
- Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5
- Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices as well as cooling calculations for fuel, water and oil systems
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and hybrid installations, cooling requirements along with regulatory knowledge.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.