Powertrain Design Engineer - PROP936
Salary: £34,000 - £44,000 (plus benefits)
Posted Date: 18/09/2018
Expiry Date: 18/10/2018
Summary of Department and Role
Powertrain team at TMETC, support TML powertrain strategy to deliver conventional/ electrification powertrains and related technology into Tata motors passenger/commercial vehicles.
The powertrain design engineer will be responsible for all powertrain design activities within a range of passenger and commercial vehicle projects either optimising existing powertrain technologies or integrating new technologies.
Main Activities and Tasks
* Powertrain design engineer will be responsible for design of various powertrain, system engineering components in a 3D CAD design environment
* Responsible for package, base engine integration studies with a variety of systems not limited to lubrication, exhaust, cooling and air Intake systems
* Work alongside development/CAE engineers to package powertrain components and perform system engineering design and integration studies
* Responsible for PT components design from concepts through to prototype manufacture
* Ensure all the powertrain component and system engineering requirements are met liaising with suppliers and other internal stakeholders
* Support engine test bed work/ vehicle test work with engine test bed instrumentation plan, identifying sensor locations, issuing machining instructions, developing prototype components for vehicle testing as required.
* Support new technologies integration activities with a hands-on approach to engineering design and development
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of the Role
* Traveling as required to India or European suppliers/ test houses
* Supplier liasoning for prototype manufacturing, integration
* Presenting at conferences and other events as agreed with line manager.
Desirable - Degree qualified or similar qualification
Desirable - Working towards chartered status or already chartered
Essential - General powertrain understanding and appreciation for thermodynamics principals
Essential - Specific knowledge of engine installations, vehicle PT Cooling Systems and exhaust after treatment
Essential - Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes (plastic/metal) employed in powertrain and system engineering
Relevant Skills for Position
Essential - Generates new ideas with appropriate action plans, demonstrates feasibility of ideas
Essential - Self-starter, capable of delivering projects with minimal supervision
Essential - Effective team member making improvements processes and providing high customer service
Essential - Technical report writing/ability to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service
Essential - Experience in mechanical powertrain component design packaging.
Essential - Hands on PT/Design experience
Essential - Previous experience on PT/tech integration projects
Essential - Previous experience with one or more of the following software considered beneficial: CATIA V5/Digital buck / PLM / PRO-E with GD&T application experience
Essential - Able to demonstrate ability to deliver design activities across multiple PT technology projects with minimal supervision
Essential - Experience in OEM or tier one component and system design preferred
Essential - Team Player with Good logical reasoning
Essential - Ability to overcome cultural barriers
Essential - Self-motivated, driven and positive attitude
Essential - Good Negotiating skills.
Please send your CV with salary expectations and notice period.