We are currently seeking an experienced Powertrain Cost Engineer to work for a specialised Research and Analysis company based in London and Northants.
As a key member of the Cost to Compliance organization you will be responsible for developing complex cost model for current and future powertrain technologies that improves fuel economy for global market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of historical powertrain systems cost and develops cost comparisons to support future cost estimation
- Establishes reasonableness of cost ("should cost") and makes recommendations for cost data positions by developing cost model which change on exogenous and endogenous factor
- Participates in cost reviews with wider team, internal teams, and supplier representatives for conducting interview , questionnaire that are required to support cost models
- Develops Cost BOMs to analyze powertrain system level costs based on geometric or non-geometric data assumptions
- Compiles and analyses statistical cost data from multiple table, datasets and indexes.
- Source documentation verifying proposal cost estimates
- Perform and manage Cost Analysis and Optimization projects
- Perform cost calculation for components: Machined, sheet-metal, cast parts cable assembly and printed circuit board assembly
- Direct the development of new cost estimating methods, tools and techniques and research and collect historical cost data on powertrain programs to support cost estimates and affordability assessments.
- Lead the development and research statistical tools and estimating methodologies based on historical product costs and schedules, and technical data.
- Document, communicate, and defend/negotiate cost estimating products to decision makers and senior leaders
- Manage the version control , quality check before Product launch and data upload timeline
- B.S or M.S. in engineering or related in engineering field required
- Charted Cost engineering from Association of Cost Engineers is preferred
- Experience with machined, sheet-metal and cast parts.
- Experience with cost analysis tools and software.
- Experience in developing database in MS Access, Tableau Writer etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing cost engineering function (i.e. - Cost Engineer, Cost Engineering Practitioner, Project Controls Engineer, etc.) is required.
- Previous directly related experience within aerospace manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with Lean, Six Sigma principles is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in Parametric Cost Modelling is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in analyzing recurring and non-recurring cost is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and familiarity with "Should Cost" analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Strong analytical skills, Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Tableau
- Understanding on any commercial cost model package is essential
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, CATIA models
- Ability to conduct research independently on cost estimation forecast
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and highly respected organisation in a role that will provide variety and potential personal development for the right person.
Salary and benefits package is commensurate with experience level.