Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer - Coventry - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer is required for a flourishing department working in the field of passenger and commercial vehicles. As the successful candidate you will have responsibility for all cooling systems activities of the powertrain team.
As a part of the system development, activities will include utilising CAE, custom built experimental rigs, extensive component characterisation and vehicle testing. You will also support vehicle program activities from design to packaging and engineering feasibility, within the vehicle front end and powertrain area.
As Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer - you will be required to
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of powertrain cooling system requirements.
- Use CAD and CAE packages to design cooling systems and heat management components.
- Lead package reviews and resolve vehicle platform conflicts.
- Understand rubber and plastic component design, manufacture, component and vehicle testing.
- Interact with suppliers.
- Occasionally travel to India
As Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer - you will have
- A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience.
- A clear understanding of aero / thermal fundamentals.
- Knowledge of cooling systems, ideally in automotive applications.
- CAD expertise, and exposure to 1D/3D CAE toolsets.
- A proven ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production.
What you will get:
- An excellent salary and benefits package, whilst working on highly-rewarding projects.
- Training, support and career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .