11 months ago
Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer (PROP641)
Salary: £44,000 - £54,000 (plus car allowance of £4,500)
Posted Date: 15/03/2018
Expiry Date: 14/04/2018
Summary of Department and Role
The powertrain cooling systems engineer will be part of the powertrain team and responsible for all cooling systems activities. The cooling systems engineer will be involved in design and systems development to manage the heat generated within both conventional and low carbon vehicles. As a part of systems development activities the team utilize CAE, custom built experimental rigs, extensive component characterization and vehicle testing at climatic wind tunnel and in territory hot/cold climates.
Powertrain cooling systems engineer would also support vehicle program activities from design to driving packaging and engineering feasibilities within vehicle front end and powertrain area.
Main Activities & Tasks
• Clear understanding of front end grille sizing, powertrain cooling systems requirements including all technical aspects of hoses and degas tanks. Proficient in CAD, able to lead/drive package reviews and resolution of vehicle platform conflicts.
• Understanding of rubber and plastic component design, manufacture, component and vehicle testing.
• Interact with suppliers and provide solutions for carry over strategies to work within range of vehicle platforms and advanced engineering powertrain projects.
• Support the project team in the front end reviews, system specification, cost packs and design reviews. Engage with all relevant stakeholders to identify and resolve conflicts
• Exposure to CAE and ability to work with CAE engineers in order to aid the design of the cooling systems and heat management components for his/her project. Exposure to electric and hybrid electric vehicles.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of Role
• Limited travel to India on as required basis to support ongoing projects
• Travel to test facilities, suppliers & other locations world-wide on an as required basis to support programmes.
-Desirable - Degree qualified or similar qualification
-Desirable - Working towards chartered status or already chartered
-Essential - Clear understanding of aero, thermal fundamentals
-Essential - Knowledge of cooling systems, ideally in automotive applications
-Essential - Sound understanding of the Design and Development process
Relevant Skills for the Position
-Essential - Generates new ideas with appropriate action plans. Demonstrates feasibility of ideas
-Essential - Capable of managing a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
-Essential - Effective team member making improvements processes and providing high customer service
-Essential - Assist with the administration duties to support Lead Engineer for effective performance of the team and consistently achieves forecast performance objectives
-Essential - Ability to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service
-Essential - Technical report writing
-Essential - CAD expertise, exposure to ID/3D CAE toolsets
-Desirable - A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience
-Essential - Powertrain cooling systems experience
-Essential - Knowledge of PTSE component/system design including rubber and plastics
-Essential - Experience within vehicle powertrain cooling and TASE functions
-Essential - Able to demonstrate ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production
-Essential - Strong numeracy and literacy
-Essential - Team player with good logical reasoning
-Essential - Ability to overcome cultural barriers
-Essential - Self-motivated, driven and positive attitude
-Essential - Good negotiating skills
Please send your CV, with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com