Powertrain Cooling Systems CAE Engineer (PROP862)
Salary: £34,000 - £44,000
Posted Date: 15/03/2018
Expiry Date: 14/04/2018
Summary of Department and Role
Powertrain team at TMETC support TML powertrain strategy to deliver conventional/electrification powertrains and related technology into Tata motors passenger/commercial vehicles.
The powertrain cooling systems CAE engineer will be part of the powertrain team and responsible for all CAE activities.
Main Activities & Tasks
* Powertrain cooling systems CAE engineer would be responsible for CAE activities on current and new technology programs. The job includes the following responsibilities;
* CAE/CFD modelling of Powertrain aspects - cooling, intake, exhaust, engine components and HVAC systems to support both vehicle and new technology programs.
* To work alongside technology partners and pollinate analytical modelling know-how into the teams tools and techniques procedures.
* Support testing activities conducted by the Powertrain group in order to correlate analyses, including definition of instrumentation and test conditions.
* Support development of vehicle targets, DVP's, DFMEA's, issues tracking documents and programme status documents.
* Preferable exposure to 1D CAE and CAD
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of Role
* Travelling as required to India or European suppliers
* Presenting at conferences and other events as agreed with line manager
-Desirable - Degree qualified or similar qualification
-Desirable - Working towards chartered status or already chartered
-Essential - Clear understanding of PT, thermal fundamentals
-Essential - Knowledge of cooling systems, ideally in automotive applications
-Essential - Sound understanding of the design and development process
Relevant Skills for the Position
-Essential - Generates new ideas with appropriate action plans. Demonstrates feasibility of ideas
-Essential - Capable of managing a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
-Essential - Effective team member making improvements processes and providing high customer service
-Essential - Assist with the administration duties to support Lead Engineer for effective performance of the team and consistently achieves forecast performance objectives
-Essential - Ability to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service
-Essential - Technical report writing
-Essential - Expert on 1D/3D CAE toolsets, CAD exposure
-Desirable - A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience
-Essential - Powertrain cooling systems experience
-Essential - Knowledge of 3D software`s like Star/Fluent/Radtherm
-Essential - Experience within vehicle powertrain cooling and TASE functions
-Essential - Able to demonstrate ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production
-Essential - Strong numeracy and literacy
-Essential - Team Player with good logical reasoning
-Essential - Ability to overcome cultural barrier
-Essential - Self-motivated, driven and positive attitude
-Essential - Good negotiating skills
Please send your CV, with salary expectations and notice period