- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 01 February 2022
- Job Ref: 59978
Core Powertrain Control Module Hardware Engineer - 54548
Basildon/Remote - Hybrid
Rate - £22.98 per hour - Inside IR35
AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks - Rate will increase to £29.59 per hour
Responsibility for development and delivery of powertrain control modules for a number of global vehicle applications.
- Generation and management of component timing plans including deliverables to vehicle development plan
- Identification of cost reduction opportunities and generation of supporting business case
- Development and release of application specification and sign off requirements.
- Development and/or update engineering specifications and system design specifications as required.
- Review and sign-off of supplier component design failure mode effects analysis.
- Development, tracking, reporting and sign-off of
- Powertrain control module design and production verification plans.
- Generation and delivery of hardware design change requests as required including approval of design change and associated piece price and engineering costs.
- Development and delivery of component quality improvement plan
- Ownership of design driven elements of PCM/ECM piece price including development and delivery of design gap road map and complexity/cost trade off.
- Approval and tracking of supplier recommended engineering actions.
- Generation of conformance plans for technical or timing non-compliances
- Generation and communication of component pinout to vehicle teams
- Lead powertrain control module component level APQP & PPAP activities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Core electronics design engineer at Tier 1 automotive supplier and/or Automotive OEM
- Experience of managing complex electronics module
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Controls Engineering
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.