We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Powertrain Component Engineer covering powertrain and e-mobility components.
This role supports research and analysis needs primarily in the European region, but also in other regions from time to time. Potential locations are London, Frankfurt, Paris or Milan.
The role encompasses a mix of qualitative and quantitative research, trend forecasting as well as strategy analysis of technology strategies and supply chain research of powertrain systems (for example turbochargers, torque management systems, etc) and e-mobility ones (batteries, electric motors and power electronics).
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development of new forecasts on powertrain and e-mobility components. These forecasts based on original research and analysis conducted by the Senior Analyst and the other regional analysts, supported by proprietary data/tools.
- Maintain and develop databases which track automotive technologies and supplier information in conjunction with other regional analysts spread around the world.
- Supporting the development of insightful analytics to identify market trends and business opportunities for clients
- Nurturing a network of contacts at automotive companies
- Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
- Interfacing and supporting clients on a daily basis, as well as frequent client presentations
- Supporting business development activities as well as the wider offerings of the team (as required from time to time)
Proven understanding of automotive supplier trends and OEM technology strategies in engine, transmission and alternative propulsion systems
- Fluency in English, additional languages are a plus
- Proven connections/entry points in the automotive industry
- An interest/passion for cars is desirable
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Accurate Analytical and Data interpretation skills
- Good presentations skills
- Comfortable in client interactions
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly respected and profitable organisation.
Salary is commensurate with experience and there is an excellent package included featuring a Bonus and Free Shares.
Please note, our client is unable to sponsor Visa's so all applicants should have current, valid permissions to work in the UK without restriction.