£15.00 - 20.84 per hour
Title: Powertrain Capacity & Constraints Buyer
Location: Basildon, Essex
Contract: Up to £20.84 per hour (Umbrella) inside IR35
Powertrain Capacity & Constraints Buyer
- Execute timely Global Engine Capacity studies after stakeholder alignment
- Perform detailed supplier communications & follow ups to obtain study responses as well as funding requirements within metrics timelines and in preparation for Board approval
- Obtain detailed investment backup, supplier capacity implementation plans.
- Ensure all capacity updates, lead time requirements are recorded in detail via Capacity Tracking tools
- Liaise with Supplier Technical Assistance teams as well as Commodity Buyers to have the costs, timing and capacity enhancement plans fully validated before Board approval.
- Ensure regular report outs of Capacity Study status in various reporting formats for different stakeholders to enable timely Board approval of study funding.
- Lead capacity implementation phase.
- Work with MP&L Constraints / Plant SCM teams and Suppliers in constraints meetings to secure sufficient parts supply into engine plants globally to avoid production stoppage. This involves setting up regular Constraints meetings with multiple stakeholders including suppliers until production schedules can be met without backlogs.
- Drive the supply constraint to a successful resolution by considering all realistic alternatives (premium working / premium freight / alternative parts supply etc.).
- Involve the right players and escalate to Senior Management timely if constraint situation cannot be solved timely.
- Support MP&L teams with part allocations across plants.
- Determine root cause for constraints and liability for premium funding and seek timely Management approval before cost commitment.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Business Degree or CIPS qualification
- Prior working experience in a Purchasing / MP&L or Supply Chain role
- Experience in Purchasing, MP&L or Supply Chain Management
- Technical background (STA / Eng) welcome too
- Excellent numerical and analytical data skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office Tools
- Strong business acumen and excellent written and verbal abilities
Please get in touch for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.