Title: CAE Integration Engineer
Contract Position based at: Multiple Locations
Rate: Up to £27.00 per hour
Powertrain CAE is at the forefront of Engine, Propulsion and PT System concept development and delivery. Powertrain Systems CAE deploys virtual engineering capability to deliver component and system attribute performance and robustness so that JLR can exploit new technologies and deliver world class vehicles.
A vacancy exists for a CAE Integration Engineer. Reporting to the Group Leader Powertrain Systems CAE. This role is to coordinate and report out CAE activity status during the virtual engineering phases of vehicle programmes. Successful candidates will work closely with PT CAE teams, PT commodity teams and PT module leaders to ensure timely virtual engineering status reporting and escalation of technical issues. In addition, the role will require coordination of CAE model data progression from Powertrain CAE teams into Vehicle engineering.
- Strong planning and organisational skills whilst operating independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and willingness to work across several PT CAE and commodity teams
- CAE analytical skills having used one or more industry standard software applications (1D, 3D FEA, 3D CFD across Powertrain attributes such as performance, durability, NVH)
- Experience of typical Automotive product creation and development frameworks and powertrain system design & release processes
- Experience of CAE delivery processes, virtual validation, planning and fundamental principles
- Previous CAE analysis delivery
- Experience of working independently
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate technical issues at all levels
- Be self-motivated with good personal organisational skills
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAE Integration Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.