Title: CAE Analyst
Contract Position based at: Warwick Science Park, Whitley, & Gaydon
Rate: Up to £27.08 per hour
Powertrain Research delivers new technologies to future powertrains. This role is with the CAE team in Research who are responsible for simulations and capability for all research projects. The team looks after the airpath of internal combustion engines except the combustion chamber, valves, turbocharger, and the manifolds.
- 1D and 0D fluid dynamics simulations of thermal systems (e.g. heat exchanger optimisation, engine and electric vehicle battery cooling circuits).
- Integrate simulations of heat transfer into CFD work.
- Monitoring future powertrain technologies and developments in academia and the industry.
- Project manage CAE research and development activities.
- Report to senior management at required intervals.
- 5+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (e.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D) OR a PhD in heat exchange simulations plus 3+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (E.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D)
- Must have simulated engine coolant flow through thermal systems of a vehicle in 1D.
- Proven record of internal combustion engine operating knowledge concerning: (1) Airpath including turbocharger, EGR, valves, intake, exhaust (2) Engine efficiency: Friction, combustion, boosting (3) Control: valve timing, wastegate, fuel
- Programming skills using Matlab and Simulink
- Knowledge of automotive emissions and certification tests concerning engine warm-up, cool down
- Knowledge of CFD analyses for underbonnet flows, EV battery, e-machine
- Excellent understanding of fluid flow in internal combustion engines and knowledge internal combustion engine operation
- Minimum MSc Degree in Automotive, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Physics 5+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (e.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D)
PhD in Automotive, Mechanical, or Aerospace
Based in National Automotive Innovation Centre in Warwick University Science Park but must be able to travel to other JLR sites (Gaydon/Whitley) as well as external providers (universities, suppliers, consultancies)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered for this CAE Analyst role, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.