Contract CATIA design engineer (Powertrain) - Nuneaton to £35/hr @ 45hrs/week
What you will get:
If you have ever wanted to work on something out of the norm this is the perfect opportunity...amphibious vehicles, privately owned company, well financed, extremely interesting and innovative work, small stable design team...no wonder contractor turnover is extremely low.
I am seeking two contract designers to work on the design and packaging of powertrain and transmission systems for the latest amphibious vehicles.
Rate of up to £35/hr and although contracted hours are 40hrs/wk, there is the option to work up to 45hrs/wk.
What you will do:
As you would expect there are many engineering challenges to solve. Specifically you will...
- Use CATIA V5 to design, package and produce layouts within the powertrain department
- create solid models and detailed drawings of parts
- work tends to be related to induction, exhausts, lube systems, cooling systems and other auxiliary systems.
What you will need
Successful candidates usually exhibit many of the following characteristics:
- Min 10 years automotive industry experience
- Typically a minimum of 5 years' powertrain design on CATIA V5
- experience on a variety of powertrain projects, usually including one or two niche/low volume engineering programmes
- be very competent on CATIA V5 for 3D and 2D designs and layouts. Selecting standards parts eg bearings, limits and fits, tolerancing, DFMA, sketches
- be eligible to work in UK unrestricted. Have Limited company or willing to work through an "umbrella"