CAD Design Engineer (Powertrain) - 34214 - up to £26.34/hr.
A CAD Design Engineer (Powertrain) is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Whitley.
The role would be as a CAD Design Engineer (Powertrain) based in one of the design and release teams within base engine engineering. Reporting to a System Principal Engineer the CAD Engineer would be responsible for implementing design solutions to meet component functional targets. The role will involve circa 70% - 80% pure CAD engineering with remainder of time working closely with interfacing component hardware owners.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- CATIA V5/V6 CAD modelling including solid and surface modelling and 2D drawing generation, including geometric tolerancing
- An understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, plastic moulding, casting and forging
- Strong people skills and the ability to work individually and in a cross functional team
Extensive CAD / Design experience in the automotive industry.
Experience of electrical vehicle battery system design guidelines and limitations.
Demonstrated CATIA experience. Knowledge of automotive battery solutions for electric vehicles and related technical challenges Evidence of CAD/ Design output having been launched to production.
Understanding of need to find best compromise between performance, weight, cost, manufacturing ease, reliability.
Strong communication skills. Ability to resolve problems through generation of potential solutions.
Ability to work across functional teams. Ability to communicate issues clearly.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.