almost 2 years ago
Facilities Engineer - powertrain and emissions - Bedford - £perm
Large, bluechip automotive test ground and consultancy is seeking additional staff to join its team because of ongoing and increased customer projects. These roles are within powertrain tests and emissions
What you will do:
- Provide all technical support for the engineering team preparing the facilities within the department perform tests activities according to customer requirements (dyno or CVS)
- Provide engineering support for chassis dynamometers and associated emission systems and climatic chamber.
- Enhance facility availability in order to increase operational efficiency and maximize running time.
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance: corrective and preventive
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and generating reliable data
- Standardise and integrate the facility test equipment.
- Develop test schedule in automation systems
What you will need:
- Engineering Degree or MSc
- Experience with emission measurement devices such as emission analyzers, gravimetric particle measurement, particle counter and/or FTIR, preferably in the automotive field, chassis dynamometers OR Engine dynamometer systems (PUMA, Morphee, Cadet or similar)
- Instrumentation experience (thermocouples, pressure transducers, voltage, and electric current)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
What you will get:
- A salary to £50K depending on experience
- Benefits of working at a large stable employer
- Career development opportunities
Please apply with current CV, details of present and desired salary and notice period. For further information please contact kevin harris