about 2 years ago
Power Supply Design Engineer - R00030686
We are seeking an automotive Power Supply Design Engineer to design and develop power supply technologies with a focus on quality, cost and delivery.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Power Supply Design Engineer with experience working as part of cross functional team reporting to Section Manager for a new contract role.
As a Power Supply Design Engineer, you will be required to develop and project manage Low voltage, power generation and storage devices for passenger vehicles and Light Commercial Vehicles. Responsibility for the management of development of:-
- 12V battery, Flooded, AGM and Li Ion
- DC-DC convertors
- Large Capacitors
- Electrical load balance development, Benchmark for system performance and cost (e.g. Idling Stop System)
- Manage the component developments within vehicle projects from Cost, Quality and Timing perspective.
- Cross functional team leading to improve 12V battery quality between Design and Supplier, Plant, Logistics, Dealers - End to End.
The Power Supply Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good communication skills
- Automotive experience is beneficial
- Wiring harness experience will also be considered
- Experience of working to deadlines, interfacing with manufacturing departments and concern analysis is beneficial
- Working as part of cross functional team reporting to Section Manager
- Report creation with some presenting to project teams, plant, suppliers is beneficial.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM based subject
If you have any questions about the Power Supply Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship