- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 03 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59360
Power Electronics Engineer - Motorcycles – Coventry - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Power Electronics Engineer is required for a world-leading motorcycle development programme. Based in an innovative and supportive technical environment, you will work with prestige partners on cutting-edge automotive motorcycle development from prototype towards production.
As Power Electronics Engineer – you will be required to
- Assume responsibility for the development of motor drive (inverter) electronics hardware for a world leading motorcycle programme.
- Drive development and integration of power electronics systems for our EV programmes. Examples are - Charger control unit, Battery Management System, DC-DC converter, Motor Controller, Vehicle Controller etc. as per performance / quality / cost/ weight targets and manufacturing requirements.
- Experience of Model Based methods for simulation and software development, calibration tools and on-dyno testing (both steady-state and transient).
- Conduct Design Reviews, author specifications, test methods and test specifications as required.
- Lead FMEA (system / design) for the component, lead Functional Safety analysis and implementation work and related System Engineering tasks in order to deliver high quality solutions from inception to production.
- Define performance and reliability test parameters, work on warranty aspects for electronics hardware and software
As Power Electronics Engineer – you will have
- Proficiency in all tools for electronics circuit design - PCB layout / routing, simulation for circuits (Altium / LT Spice), thermal design / EMI / EMC aspects, wide bandgap materials and CAD tools
- Kept track of global trends in relevant technology, regulations and develop long term road maps and appropriate work plans.
- Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive EMI/EMC standards, requirements and test methods is a must
- Awareness of test box / fixture design, along with required harnesses (such as HIL)
- Strong experience of power electronics manufacturing and production test techniques.
- Hands on testing / test set-up experience. Calibration tools – preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of Silicon IGBT power stage design – Essential Working knowledge of wide bandgap materials such as SiC/GaN – Preferred.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic motorcycle projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking research in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Power Electronic Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.