A number of experiened Power Electronics Engineers for Electrical Vehicle are required to join a company who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
The roles are at varying-levels on a contract basis, and will be based in a brand new purpose built facility for the EV programme in Hullavington, Wiltshire.
Rates and salaries flexible dependent on proven ability.
Responsibilities will include:
- The design of motor inverters, device selection, gate drive design, operating and protection strategies.
- The design of power supplies for a broad spectrum of potential applications and power ratings.
- Ensuring designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying the design where needed to ensure this is the case.
- Specification of associated passive components, contactors, cables, connectors and fusing.
- Thermal management of power electronics systems.
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global requirements. Whilst the Power Electronics team is responsible for supporting new products at initial design stages, a key focus for any successful applicant will be to research into new technology and look at innovative ways of incorporating this into future products.
Successful senior engineers will be expected to:
- Develop the concept, proving key technologies and demonstrating the system feasibility.
- Demonstrate designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis.
- Initiating the production intent solution and developing suitable documentation prior to handover to the development teams.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronics content of a project. This may expand to the responsibility for multiple, small concurrent projects, supported by a number of team members reporting to the Power Electronics Technical Leader.
To apply for these positions please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.