Power Electronics Engineer - 38412
Location: South West, Wiltshire
A blue-chip product development company is seeking a power electronics engineer to work as part of a technical research team designing state of the art products for the global market.
The Power Electronics Engineer will work within the battery management team on a variety of different products.
- Be involved in the development of battery management systems as well as the assessment of alternative battery management solutions and topologies
- Ensure battery management systems meet regulatory and company requirements for safety
- Design motor inverters and control for brushless DC, servo and stepper motors
- Design power converters
- Design power electronics systems thermal management devices
- Design both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global requirements.
You will need:
- Minimum BEng/MEng degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline
- General knowledge of power electronic devices, including silicon based IGBTs and MOSFETs through to emerging GaN based technologies
- Understanding of device characteristics and issues with switching behaviour in real circuits as well as power switch driver design
- SMPS and linear regulator power supply design for digital and analogue electronic systems ◦Experience in motor inverter design and motor control, particularly brushless DC motors, servo or stepper motors desirable
- Experience of analogue circuit design (e.g. signal amplification and conditioning for feedback signals from power electronic hardware to microcontrollers for example).
- Desirable: battery charging power electronics, modelling or simulation experience.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined above, plus details of your current and required package.