- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59326
Title: Pneumatics Controls Design Engineer - 37378
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - up to £35.27/hr Ltd (c£27/hr PAYE option)
The role within Manufacturing Engineering (ME) is for a Pneumatics Controls Engineer. Responsibilities will be for:
- Designing of Pneumatics Controls (Pneumatic Plans / P-Plans) for Assembly Fixtures
- Designing of Pneumatics Controls (Pneumatic Plans / P-Plans) for Robot Cells
- Designing of Pneumatics Controls (Pneumatic Plans / P-Plans) for complete Automated Lines / Factories
The technology areas you will be expected to support are Body in White, Paint, Trim & Final, Engine Manufacturing Centre, Batteries and Drives and Pallet Design. Within the role, you will also be expected to continue the development of the JLR Pneumatics Library, Standards and Processes.
This will be under this role ownership and will require maintenance and development. Within the role, you will also be expected to create a process of Customer Feedback, Lessons Learnt, Things Gone Right and Wrong, all of which you will use to drive the improvement of Standards, Processes and Libraries (Continual Improvement)
Required to demonstrate a wide range of previous Pneumatic Controls experiences. The skills we are looking are, but not limited to, the following abilities:
- Able to generate a functional Pneumatic Controls Diagram (P-Plan) based on the working sequences delivered by the Process Engineer or Design Engineer for all types of controls
- Full pneumatic (without any electric controls), electric controlled with valve islands and hybrid (pneumatic and electric).
- Able to size and chose all the pneumatic items part of pneumatic diagram to satisfy in full the process requirement.
- Generate associated BOM for pneumatic designed
- Able to detect any malfunctions into existing pneumatic systems and propose an alternative option.
- Able to optimize the pneumatic systems to increase the working parameters and reduce de air consumption.
- Able to learn and work with all main pneumatic suppliers such as Festo, SMC, Norgren, Bosch-Rexroth, Camozzi, CKD, Parker, Tuenkers, Piab, Aventics, Schmalz, Balluf, Univer based on existing installed systems inside JLR factories
- To Co-ordinate and Manage Internal Customers and Suppliers (to provide data in a timely manner)
- To Drive Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To gain Customer Feedback, and drive that back into our working practices
- Pneumatic Controls Diagram (P-Plan) generation
- Ability to size and chose all the pneumatic items part of pneumatic diagram
- Ability to generate associated BOM for pneumatic designed.
- Ability to detect any malfunctions in existing pneumatic systems and propose an alternative option.
- Ability to optimize the pneumatic systems to increase the working parameters and reduce air consumption.
- Ability to learn and work with all main pneumatic suppliers such as Festo, SMC, Norgren, Bosch-Rexroth, Camozzi, CKD, Parker, Tuenkers, Piab, Aventics, Schmalz, Balluf, Univer based on existing installed systems inside JLR factories.
- Catia V5 knowledge
- Demonstration to us as to which P Plan generation Software you are experienced in
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back. Buy Offs and Handover.
- To manage buy-off and hand-over of tooling designs with Customers.
- To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed Demonstrable Cost Engineering.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime
- Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
- Ability to collaborate to produce (Collision Free) Tool Collision Studies.
We are looking for someone who is
- A strong team player, who actively supports team members
- An individual with good problem solving skills, with the ability to drive effective engineering solutions
- An individual with the ability to effectively plan and deliver against customer and programme requirements
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual, who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas, across multi-functional groups
- A proactive individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way, whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
We are looking for Designers who come with a wealth of Design experience across the Automotive Build Process. If you can meet some of the criteria above, we look forward to your application.
- Vendor Design Experience
- Electrical Controls Engineer (E Plan)
- Experience of working on JLR Projects
- Knowledge of JLR Tooling Standards
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.