Title: PMST Leader
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End (Main Site) + Solihull for Launch
Duties to Include:
- Project manage the delivery of niche & high line SVO Exterior Trim components or sub systems.
- Liaison with programme team, suppliers, manufacturing and purchasing, etc.
- Manage component validation programme including order and supply of components and arrangement of rig and vehicle test.
- Analyse internal test standards and create project delivery plans Project management, ability to use appropriate quality tools and techniques e.g. FMEA, DFA, DVP etc.
- PC skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint and database applications
- Knowledge of WERS releasing, CATIA V5, VisMockup, FMEA, ENOVIA
- Experience of relevant components and systems and materials and production processes used in the manufacture of the components.
- Experience of Product Change systems.
- Knowledge of CCDS project management process.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- It is essential that the individual has worked in an Exterior Trim engineering role, with a high level knowledge of such commodities and has had experience in developing tooling for all types of trim parts.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High Drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- High level knowledge on BiW and closure systems and CATIA trained.
- Experience in projects from pre to Job 1 including launch support.
- Experience of GPDS / PCS and all engineering planning and delivery processes is essential i.e. AIM's, DFMEA, eFDVS / RMDV, WERS.
- Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Good leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
- A good level of people development and team management skill or experience.
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- Record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
- Flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
- Experience of working in a similar role within the automotive, or a related, industry, with a demonstrable track record of delivery
- Degree in an Engineering subject or HNC/HND with significant experience
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.