Job title: PMST Lead
Salary Range: £45,000 to £60,000 pa plus benefits
Location: South West
Automotive, CAD, Design, Development, Seating, Interior Trim, Leading, DVP, CAE
A PMST Lead is required with knowledge of seating systems and interior trim. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to the development of a new state of the art vehicle this company, an innovative and forward-thinking technology company based in South West requires a well-organized and proactive PMST Lead with experience of leading product development projects within seating and/or interior trim for a new permanent role. As a PMST Lead you will be required to:
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills to support the vision for new product concepts, championing design to produce products that meet performance and functional criteria.
- Work with research teams to integrate and develop new technology research into the final design for seating and interior trim components and systems.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly while preparing design reviews with Design Managers and Concept Design Director.
- Ability to lead teams in the delivery of new product development programs from concept through to production.
- Communicate between all teams and stakeholders within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input to meet program gateways
The PMST Lead should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of product design, managing resource and delivering to time scales.
- Experience in interior design, seating and ergonomics with a creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills; calculations from first principles; prototype rig building and industry test methods to analyse the design.
- Experience with CAD surface modelling and CAE development with experience of taking products from concepts through to production
- Knowledge engineering standards, International regulations and Requirements - DFM, Validation, PLM, DFMEA, DVP&R and VA/VE.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of seating systems and interior trim seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South West-based innovative automotive company will offer you:
- £45,000 to £60,000 pa plus bonus and benefits
- An excellent working environment that focuses on innovation and creativity
- Career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of delivering design programs within the seating and interior trim arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the PMST Lead role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email