Position: PLC Software Engineer
Location: Birmingham, (near Walsall)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience and technology knowledge
Essential: Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We have an exciting opportunity for a PLC Software Engineer to join our business during this period of significant growth. As the PLC Software Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of specifying electrical control, hardware and software required to automate special purpose machines, test equipment and process lines. You must have a hands-on approach for all related aspects detailed
PLC Software Engineer responsibilities:
- PLC & HMI & instrumentation data acquisition programming
- Commissioning and validation of all software
- Good working knowledge & integration of servo motors & drives / software interfacing
- Knowledge of industrial communications OPC /Ethernet/profibus/rs485/etc.
- Circuit design and validation
- Specifying electrical hardware, and safety relays
- Good project planning skills and able to maintain deadlines
Experience & Skills required:
- PLC programming Siemens, Bradley, Mitsubishi
- HMI programming & Scada software
- LabVIEW knowledge & programming skills
- Software design specifications
- Functional design specifications
- Setup & commission servo motors & drives and associated systems & software interfaces
- Circuit design & specifications & BOM
- System commissioning
- To be considered for this opportunity you must have experience with programming Siemens and Mitsubishi PLCs and HMI including S7 and S1200 using step 7, TIA Portal and Wincc software
- Mitsubishi PLCs & GOT HMI systems
- PLC & Networking to third party devices using, RS232, Modbus RTU 485, Profibus, Ethernet etc.
We design and build special purpose assembly and product testing machines across many industry sectors. We are a progressively growing forward thinking company looking to further expansion during 2018 & 2019.
Applicants must be self-motivated good team players who enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of a growing team
To apply for this PLC Software Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.