£40k - 45k per year + benefits
11 months ago
Due to expansion a world renowned manufacturer of rotating equipment is looking to recruit a PLC Software Engineer to join their C&I department.
Commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Halifax, Barnsley
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: PLC Software Engineer, Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer
Management of assigned C & I design projects through the design stage to handover to production, observing the need to apply cost effective solutions and ensuring costs are controlled within estimates provided at the tendering stage
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake responsibility for all design, processing and supporting activities for the assigned product range, including, where appropriate, pre-sales support
- Technical support at tender stage with selection of PLC and display hardware in line with customer requirements defining component and communication architecture
- PLC, HMI &/or PC programming
- Developing and engineering the communications interfaces with customer/site systems
- Support during sub-supplier or main equipment tests
- On-site support during main equipment commissioning or service
- Attend kick off and client meetings to ensure that all parties understand the work to be undertaken and the key project milestones
- Give support to other departments on engineering problems associated with the product range
- Liaise with Customer and Sub-suppliers as necessary
- Observe the need to apply cost effective solutions and participate in ensuring costs are controlled within estimate.
- Ensure that product development ideas are passed to the appropriate channels
- Participate in introducing specific instructions into the EDS Manuals
- Participate in introducing new or revised standard products into our manufacturing range and ensuring that our designs are compatible with the latest design standards.
- Degree, or HNC with experience, in electrical/controls/electronic engineering
- Proficient in PLC, HMI and industrial PC programming, including SIL and dual redundant PLC systems.
Ideally with programming experience of controls for rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, etc.)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.