East London, London
over 1 year ago
Pilot Plant Process Development Technician
Food Manufacturing - East London
Long term contract
Our customer is a well-known and respected brand in the food manufacturing industry.
Working within the Research & Technology department, the purpose of the role is to assist the Pilot Plant Manager and the Research & Technology team to conduct experimental work and development trials for the technical and commercial development of new processes and technology.
Duties of the Pilot Plant Process Development Technician role:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of pilot plant activities in order to provide experimental data and test results.
- Support process development trials as necessary to transfer new or improved processes from the bench scale to pilot plant scale.
- Prepare and set up pilot plant equipment to facilitate planned trials which may include routine maintenance duties and mechanical repairs.
- Ensure safe preparation and operation of equipment in consideration of new product and process development.
- Maintain required documentation - environmental records, permit to work and maintenance records etc.
- Manage stocks of critical parts of equipment for the pilot plant.
Required skills and experience: Pilot Plant Process Development Technician
- Good practical skills for plant set-up and operation.
- Good basic maintenance skills for plant assembly and repairs.
- Plant operation experience and pilot plant operation.
- Knowledge of process engineering design.
- A familiarity of Health & Safety systems of work.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary