3 months ago
Plant Supervisor - Chemical/COMAH Site
Salary: Very Competitive
Shifts: You must be flexible to work a day and night shift pattern.
Commutable from Stowmarket, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Thetford and surrounding areas.
We are currently looking for multiple Plant Supervisors to join our Resin Plant in Stowmarket. Within these positions, you will lead the Resin Plant operations in a safe, effective, and efficient manner, managing the shift team on site, ensuring the production of quality resins both to plan and on time. These are shift based opportunities.
- Ensure full compliance of EHS, Quality and Housekeeping requirements during the shift activities.
- Safely operate the process control system across 4 reactor systems, in line with planning targets.
- Manage the provision of resources to the shift teams, including engineering, technical and process labour.
- Take a lead role in the event of incidents, accidents and emergencies on the plant, ensuring that on-plant incidents are attended quickly and handled in a safe manner.
- Manage labour arrangements for the shift to ensure operational continuity, ensuring training and development for the operatives, including EHS mandatory training and SOP review and updates.
- Degree educated within either a Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Engineering background.
- Leadership potential with high standards of integrity and ethics.
- Previous experience within a chemical or similar industry within a Unionised environment.
- Sound understanding of technical issues and principles; Polymer oriented knowledge base; analytical thinking/diagnostic skills
- Ability to work under pressure & an ability to prioritise.
Skills: Chemical Engineer, Supervisor, COMAH, Paint, polymers, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Acyrlics, Resin
If you are interested in the Plant Supervisor opportunity, please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can contact me directly on Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.