Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
about 2 years ago
Plant Quality Manager - Specialist Vehicles
Permanent or Interim
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire/West Midlands
An experienced Plant Quality Manager is required for this specialist vehicle manufacturer. This will be a demanding and challenging role but also represent a great opportunity to develop and establish a quality management function that will ensure compliance and right first-time quality in a whole vehicle assembly environment. As Plant Quality Manager you must be able to demonstrate a record of achievement and quality leadership within a low volume, high value, special vehicle operation. Working as part of the senior management team you will create a working environment where quality and sustainable continuous improvement will deliver exceptional levels of quality, OTIF delivery and customer satisfaction.
To be considered for this Plant Quality Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working within a high value, niche vehicle assembly environment, with responsibility for component and whole vehicle quality requirements.
- A thorough understanding of APQP and process control using 8D investigation when required to investigate issue and concerns.
- Develop a robust corrective action process, with full reporting covering customer, supplier and internal concerns.
- A full understanding of PPAP systems and able to conduct events with suppliers ensuring all documentation is recorded and maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Take full responsibility for Quality Audits with an emphasis on process quality and finished vehicle inspection that complies with agreed and established customer standards.
- A thorough understanding of ISO9000/IATF16949 and ISO/OHSA Environmental and H&S standards.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in quality techniques at all levels across the business ensuring compliance, understanding and engagement.
- Dynamic, data driven and numerate using information to make informed decisions that will drive product and process improvement.
- A "can-do" attitude, resourceful, self-directed nature with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business, with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and influence the people you work with at all levels
This is will be an extremely challenging, high-profile role and you will have full responsibility for the quality of a unique high value vehicle. Working as part of a small close-knit senior management team you will be the voice of the customer and develop a culture where right first-time quality and customer satisfaction are the absolute measure of success.