Plant Quality Engineer
Up to £40,000
This well-established, Automotive supplier is looking to recruit a meticulous Plant Quality Engineer
Working within Environment, Health and Safety regulations the Plant Quality Engineer will be responsible for driving improvements in the production environment, serve as a point of escalation for VSL's and be available to support the Quality Technicians when required. Responsible for driving Best Quality Practice and challenging poor working methods. Responsible for updating controlled shop floor documentation, and approving their suitability for use. Will have authority to sign process deviations and must ensure the risk of poor quality is controlled during their validity. Must also drive the resolution of issues to prevent repeat deviation requests. The main responsibility is to ensure working practices conform to approved procedures and standards.
The Plant Quality Engineer position is responsible for:
- Management of internal concerns process.
- Management of the internal deviations process
- Scrap reporting & reduction.
- Process compliance.
- Effective communication and working relationships with VSL's and WGL's.
- Coordinate problem solving activities.
- Upkeep of shop floor documentation.
- Reporting on assigned Key Performance Indicators.
- Support for shift Quality Technicians.
- Cover for Quality Technicians.
- Driving continuous improvement through business.
- Ensuring Conformance to business processes.
As Quality Plant Engineer, you will have the following skill sets:
- Demonstrable and logical approach to problem solving.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to drive actions to completion.
- Excellent PC Skills.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office applications.
- Using and interpreting Data Trending.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the IATF16949 standard.
- Ability to generate KPI's.
- Full UK Driving licence / UK residency / Permit to work.
- Preferential Skills / Experience
- Statistical Analysis / SPC.
- Internal auditing experience.
- Customer facing experience.
- Plastic injection moulding experience.
- Knowledge of SAP software.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001.
- Degree in engineering / relevant subject or relevant experience.
- Six Sigma Qualification.
- FMEA / Work instructions / Control plans / SPC..
- Experience of using Core Quality Tools.
- Global Dimension and Tolerancing.
For your commitment to the job you can expect to be remunerated well and rewarded with professional support and training.
For further information, please contact Mark Bignell of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.