£20 - 24 per hour
Plant Quality Electronics Test Engineer
Contract - Up to £24.00 per hour (PAYE) Inside IR35
To support the Electrical & Electronic (EE) Test team with:
- Validating the logic and functional operation of electrical systems on the vehicle against specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of electrical concerns into project reviews and senior management
- Root cause investigation of complex electrical concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component test engineer
- Creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the electrical systems
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
- Provide technical support to the production plant.
- Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- Acting as a window for information flow between manufacturing and design/test for electrical issues
- Ensuring the rework pedigree of test fleet before vehicles start test program.
- Supporting the achievement of COP emissions targets.
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Report CVEC results and status.
- Ensure EE quality of vehicles in plant.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment - flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer and CANape software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Have experience of harness layout rules and judgement criteria
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
There is an assumption that the individual will:
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics and other electrical control system.
- Have expert knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Have understanding of modular software hardware integration (boot loader, application and configuration).
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.