£31,384.73 - 31,384.73 per year
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Salary: £31,384.73 p/a
Shift Pattern: 2-day shifts, 2-night shifts, 4 rest days, etc. (each shift is 12 hours long)
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Plant Operator to work for our client at their facility in Dudley the position will be control and monitor operations of the boilers and turbine to ensure the optimum generation of steam.
Position in organisation: To report to the Shift Team Leader / Deputy Team Leader
Operational Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report and monitor all functions associated with the operation of the plant turbine, boilers, and coordination of incoming and outgoing waste.
- To maintain a steady control of the above by measuring temperature flow, pressure readings from the turbine/boiler, control systems and gauges.
- Accurately report readings and log daily operations in the shift log for continued monitoring and shift changeovers.
- Effectively react to planned and unplanned (i.e. emergency) repairs, blockages and changes in the plant central systems.
- Promptly react to system alarms/protocols to secure areas of the plant if/as required.
- Monitoring all areas of the plant from the control room. This includes, operating the overhead crane for the systematic removal of waste, and accessing all areas of the plant (from height to ground levels) to check instruments, gauges, and to take readings and take actions as required.
- Fulfil the role of Plant Attendant if/when required. This includes, (and is not limited to) the loading and unloading of vehicles, use of the Fork Lift Truck (FLT) for the fitting and removal of Big Bags.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Working at height and in confined spaces.
Health & Safety Duties:
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- As a minimum requirement to work towards acting as designated person within the Company's Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI's), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Understanding/experience of operating and monitoring boiler and steam turbine plants.
- Experience/qualifications in the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT).
- Must be able to work at various height levels via access through stairs and ladders
- Physically able to engage in varying amounts of manual handling/lifting
- Experience of Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicle also advantageous.
- City & Guilds in Small Thermal Plant for Heat & Power production, or equivalent.
- A current first aid qualification
- Experience/qualification in operating overhead Cranes
- Salary - £31,384.73 per annum. The hourly rate for OT is £14.3309.
- Shift pattern - 2-day shifts, 2-night shifts, 4 rest days, etc. (each shift is 12 hours long)
- Average working week = 42 hours. (06:00 - 18:00, 18:00 - 06:00). The successful candidate will be required to work a 12-hour day/night shift rota, which will include working on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
- Overtime - Mon to Sat is paid at 1.5x. Sundays and BH's is paid at 2x.
- Holidays - The annual entitlement is 264 hours ( including bank holidays) rising to a maximum of 300 hours after four years' continuous service with the company.
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme & Pension scheme/Auto Enrolment
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.