Role: Plant Operator
Location: West Midlands
Purpose of Job:
• Control and monitor operations of the boilers and turbine to ensure the optimum generation of steam.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• Report and monitor all functions associated with the operation of the plant turbine, boilers, and coordination of incoming and outgoing waste.
• To maintain a steady control of the above by measuring temperature flow, pressure readings from the turbine/boiler, control systems and gauges.
• Accurately report readings and log daily operations in the shift log for continued monitoring and shift changeovers.
• Effectively react to planned and unplanned (i.e. emergency) repairs, blockages and changes in the plant central systems.
• Promptly react to system alarms/protocols to secure areas of the plant if/as required.
• Monitoring all areas of the plant from the control room. This includes, operating the overhead crane for the systematic removal of waste, and accessing all areas of the plant (from height to ground levels) to check instruments, gauges, and to take readings and take actions as required.
• Fulfil the role of Plant Attendant if/when required. This includes, (and is not limited to) the loading and unloading of vehicles, use of the Fork Lift Truck (FLT) for the fitting and removal of Big Bags.
• Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
• Working at height and in confined spaces.
Health & Safety:
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
• Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
• Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
• Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
• As a minimum requirement to work towards acting as designated person within the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system.
• Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI’s), and Risk Assessments.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
• The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
• Understanding of operating and monitoring boiler and steam turbine plants.
• Qualifications in the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT).
• Experience of Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicle also advantageous.
• A current first aid qualification would be desirable.
• Any overtime worked between Monday to Saturday qualifies for Overtime payment of Time plus one half (1.5), Overtime on Sundays and Bank holidays is payable at double time (2.0) Holidays - the holiday runs from Jan to Dec and is payable in hours (168 hours), plus 2 hours accrued each week as lieu hours (104 hours)
• Pension Scheme - The Company pay up to 6% to match employee contributions. The other alternative is auto enrolment.
• Profit Share bonus Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.