Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £45,000 p/a + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Plant Manager to work for our client at their site in the West Midlands.
They are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to manage the operation of their Plant and to ensure conformance of all workers, manage legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment assurance standards, and Health and Safety.
The role will be working in accordance with Permit to Operate under PPC regulations, Company policies, and Safe working practices.
- Functional responsibility of the maintenance manager and the maintenance team
- Responsible for the overall operation of the plant, while ensuring the flow of waste and exportation of electricity is in accordance with relevant contracts
- Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment standards, health and safety, PPC permit requirements, company policies, and all company Safe working practices.
- Oversee quality and quantity of waste coming into the plant
- Manage the personnel to fulfil the timely execution of duties to maintain efficient running of the plant.
- Define the strategy for the preventative and corrective maintenance and approve the planning of work for both operations and maintenance.
- Ensure that the plant staff correctly monitor all emissions and report all emission incidents, abnormal operations or other issues likely to cause pollution, to the Environment Agency.
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of any emissions incident and implement any corrective or preventative action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Liaise with officials of the client councils, the Environment Agency, the Health and Safety Executive and other such bodies as and when required.
- Ensure the coordination of activities during shutdowns and outages which involves working outside of normal hours.
- Validate the tonnages of incoming wastes to split them and charge the relevant councils/traders.
- Manage budgets for the plant in accordance with objectives set by the Regional Operations Manager.
- Promote open communications between operations and maintenance teams to fulfil all required activities for the effective running of the plant.
- Overall management of all staff to fulfil the execution of duties to maintain efficient running of the plant at all times.
- Regular review of competence of all members of the team and to identify relevant training needs.
- Ensure that all technical documentation for all on site equipment is adequately kept, up-to-date and accessible to all staff.
- Involvement in the setting of procedures, instructions and method statements of all operational activities.
- Ensure that all controls, tests, mishaps and technical reports (including emissions/ tonnage/ incineration etc) are being monitored and recorded as required.
- Ensure the management of budgets and expenditure.
- Attend regular management meetings as required.
- Carry out annual staff appraisals, in line with Company policy.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Company through co-operation/assistance with other company plants, shared experiences, supporting of initiatives that are approved and supported by the Regional Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Participate in the preparation, planning and execution of the annual outage and any unplanned shutdowns.
- Keep abreast of, and be conversant with all relevant legislation and to interpret and communicate it to all staff while giving clear guidelines in respect of appropriate action required.
Health & Safety:
- Control the establishment and use of the Permit to Work system.
- Ensure there is a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Report and take action against any contravention of statutory and company Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- Act as Safety controller within the Company's Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Ensure full compliance and application of the Permit to Work system in relation to associated operations/maintenance activities.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI's), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive.
- The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Minimum HNC level of qualification but preferable training to degree level in a technical/engineering capacity
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the operation of steam to energy and high pressure boiler systems.
- Preferable IOSH Managing Safely experience.
- Experience of working in an operations team environment.
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
- Strong leadership is required.
- Computer literate. Be able to manipulate data on Microsoft Packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment